Meridian Meats and Meridian Farm Markets is a growing chain of specialty fresh-food retail stores, with 6 store locations in the lower mainland. We sell awesome products but, more importantly, we’re uber-focused on providing outstanding service to our customers. Our culture is fun, up-beat and cohesive. We work hard, and get a thrill from the challenges of a competing in a dynamic market place.
We’re seeking a graphic designer for our Maple Ridge head office. You’ll report to our Marketing Manager and play an integral part in promoting and continuing to develop our brand.
- You’re a positive thinker full of fresh and innovative ideas.
- You’re a solid communicator and collaborate well in a team environment.
- You multi-task well, and know how to prioritize to meet deadlines and targets.
- You’re a stickler when it comes to details, accuracy and organization.
- You take charge of assignments and always get the job done.
- Pressure?… Bring it on. You turn on the gas when it’s crunch time and do what it takes to knock it out of the park.
- You’re looking for a career opportunity that will allow you to grow and advance
- When you encounter problems you focus on finding solutions
- You’re a whiz with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Reviewing projects daily and keeping marketing team informed
- Creating newspaper ads and flyers
- Creating posters and in store advertisements
- Editing and cleaning up of images
- Managing daily emails and communicating consistently with the team
- Staying up to date on web and graphic trends
- Plan and create designs for packaging
- Creating and editing images for our website
- Clearly bringing our brand image to life through different channels
- Estimate the cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Proficiency in English language
Bonus if your skills include:
- Salary based on qualifications
- Extended Benefits
- Family discount
We’re seeking full-time, but we’re open to entertaining a part-time role for the right candidate.
Deadline for applications: February 10, 2016
Respond with your resume, examples of your work and salary expectation. Please send your application to Kaylesha Penner at email@example.com
Start date: As soon as possible
The design Intern is a paid educational opportunity to join the creative team at Noise Digital and take part in the production of creative concepts for advertising, social media, web and mobile.
We are a White Rock agency looking to expand our team of creatives. At present, we are in search of a diamond in the rough – a junior designer who is looking for an inspiring environment to learn and create.
VSA Art + Design Studio is a young and dynamic professional studio. Located on 203-7545 Cambie Street, Vancouver BC, we have been providing art classes and graphic design services for many years.
VSA Art + Design Studio, aiming to create a more artistic community through guidance and care, we are looking for an art teacher assistant to join us. Our ideal candidate will be a year 3-4 art college student or someone who has completed a post-secondary education in design or a related field.
If you are interested in this internship opportunity, please contact Sophie Bao:
Senior Consultant at Diversity Clues is looking for one-two graphic design interns to help finalize two reports to our clients. They are looking for designers with knowledge of Indesign and Illustrator to layout text.
Honorariums will be granted. Project scope is approximately 6-10 hours.
Clawhammer Press has an opening for a 4 month position for an intern and summer staff person. The position is designed for a 3rd or 4th year design student, graphic artist or emerging typographer who is interested in enriching their knowledge of letterpress printing, typography, type history, as well as some of the peripherals such as creative industry ingenuity, customer service and merchandising.
MARKETING / GRAPHICS INTERNSHIP
MGA is a vibrant Gastown firm with an extensive global portfolio of work. Our current work includes several projects in Whistler including high mountain buildings, a cultural centre for the Inuit on Baffin Island, a Contemporary Art Gallery in Xi’an, a tall wood tower for a vertical farm and food hub in Vancouver, private houses, office and retail interiors and Aga Khan work in Central Asia. We also have several large projects in construction including two multi-res developments, Ronald McDonald House BC at Children’s Hospital, and the Wood Innovation and Design Centre.
We’re a home textiles retailer and manufacturer based in Burnaby. Our retail chain consists of 67 stores across Canada, with plans for immediate expansion into the US.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist our team in creating and conceptualizing digital & print advertisements and internal projects such as catalogue design, print and e-‐blast advertising, packaging design, interactive display design (for trade shows), corporate print and presentation collateral, and preparing pre-‐press files for print production. This is a great opportunity to learn market strategy and improve your skills in a fast paced environment. Graphic Design Interns will be asked to conduct research throughout the duration of the internship to sharpen their understanding of related use of graphic design and produce each project in the most efficient and effective way.
Design internships are offered for three-month periods for and include an honorarium of $750. The internship will include work for both Vancouver magazine and sister publication Western Living. We are looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented people with postsecondary experience in the design field. (We train but expect the candidate to have strong typographic/creative skills.) Read more…