The Mission of the Haida Enterprise Corporation (HaiCo) is to generate a diverse, functioning and sustainable economy on Haida Gwaii, for the long term well-being of the Haida People and culture. As employees of the HaiCo organization, we are constantly challenging ourselves to find innovative ways to build an enterprise that creates and develops new opportunities for our shareholders, the Haida People and the economy of Haida Gwaii.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Junior Designer/Marketing Assistant contributes to HaiCo’s goals by supporting a broad range or marketing activities. Assist in the development of marketing material including web, social media, collateral and other print items. Provides support to advertising and communication programs designed to promote the products and services of HaiCo’s various business enterprises.
- Blogging and Content Writing
- Develop and revise text for online communities including press releases, email newsletters, web articles and video blogs. Engage with consumers and customers to retain their attention over time.
- Edit copy to correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax. Polish and rewrite copy as necessary to clarify meaning or conform to style guidelines and editorial policies.
- Social Media
- Act as a brand representative on online social communities by interacting with customers and fans on various web platforms to foster a sense of community involvement. Duties may include initiating, moderating and monitoring live online conversations; creating or editing online content; sparking discussion on various social networking sites; and reporting usage data.
- Translate complex concepts and information into simplified, compelling visuals that can be used for thought leadership, marketing materials, media outreach, etc.
- Graphic design of marketing & operational print materials, signage, forms and more
- Marketing Support
- Participate in special projects as required
- Support marketing team with roll-outs and daily activities
- Assist with event coordination such as trade shows, sampling events etc.
- Basic website updates and maintenance
- eMarketing-related data entry, research and asset management
- Maintain inventory of collateral and marketing supplies
- Other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires strong writing skills, creativity, attention to detail, marketing knowledge and the ability to write for various formats. Requires an eye for detail and expert knowledge of grammar and style.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate skills in MS Office
- Strong graphic design skills, including experience preparing files for digital and print application
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Must be an active social media user and experienced account administrator
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be leveraged in different scenarios, and experience with online monitoring and measurement tools.
- Possesses good online customer service skills
- Proficient in photo editing & optimization
- Able to perform basic website updates, basic html proficiency preferred
- Photography & video skills would be an asset
Training, Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree from an accredited graphic design program or a minimum of 2 year’s graphic design experience.
- Previous experience or education in marketing.
- Experience in hospitality and tourism would be an asset.
Critical Success Factors
Enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission focused, results driven and community oriented.
How to Apply
Deadline for applications is October 7, 2016. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.haico.ca under careers.
Official Job Description: http://www.haico.ca/media/documents/jobpost/jobposting-sept2016-hjrdesigner.pdf