Big Kahuna Sport Company, a leader in team and institutional sporting goods, is currently looking for an experienced graphic artist to create and work with Vector Art in Adobe Illustrator. In this role, the successful candidate will utilize stock layout templates to create custom files for the production of team uniform designs through dye sublimation. The dye sublimation process relies exclusively on Vector-based graphics; familiarity with layers, masks, creation tools, editing tools, transparencies, gradients and typography is necessary. The goal of our KV Gear Production Artist is to creatively bring our clients visions to life.
- Interpret work order instructions and translate these into organized Vector Art files.
- Use Vector Art templates (.ai files) to prepare team uniform proofs (.jpg files) for client approval.
- Incorporate existing graphics/logos into layouts and create custom design elements.
- Revise and adapt working files and proofs.
- Use Photoshop for simple colour correction of proof files (when required).
- Create and submit production-ready (.ai files) to factory for dye sublimation.
- Catalogue and index job name/number and details in Microsoft Excel.
- In-house photography.
- Assist in field photography working with athletes to capture products, action, and lifestyle shots.
- Photoshop image editing and optimization.
- ca website graphics, layout, and campaign development.
- In-house and field videography to support BIGKAHUNA.ca, KVGEAR.ca, and KAHUNAVERSE.ca.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Vector graphic workspaces.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to understand measurements specific to graphic elements and follow instructions.
- Familiar with colour theory, and colour systems (Pantone, CMYK, RGB)
- Sensitivity with layout, typography and spatial relations.
- Strong graphics portfolio with proven graphic design skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Creative and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Enjoy interacting with others, and comfortable presenting ideas.
- Demonstrate behaviours that support key competencies: accountability, professionalism, and time management.
- Must be a team player, flexible; able to multi-task among several projects and meet deadlines.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- The Production Artist is responsible for following project specifications and meeting firm deadlines.
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time – Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Benefits package includes extended health, basic dental, AD&D, life insurance, and LTD.
Salary: $ 32,500.00 – $ 35,000.00, based on experience
Growth: Career advancement opportunities available.
Interested candidates must be able to produce a professional portfolio demonstrating knowledge of branding and graphic design. Please submit a cover letter along with salary expectations and accompanying resume to: email@example.com. Attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please quote “KV Gear Production/Graphic Artist” in the subject line. We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.